Alright, so we all know that CBD is pretty much a miracle cannabis compound that’s capable of taking care of, well, pretty much everything in the human body (with zero side effects), right?
Ok, so that might be just a slight exaggeration, but the fact of the matter is that most of us are well aware of CBD’s therapeutic and medicinal properties, which include its ability to fight off things like inflammation, pain, stress, and even insomnia. But what else can CBD do? Given its wildly far-reaching chemical mechanisms in the body, it’s got to have some more, rather less heard of uses, right?
Indeed it does. In this article, I’m going to talk about 5 unique things that CBD can do, that you haven’t likely heard of yet.
1. Helps to Curb Cigarette Addiction
It’s true – CBD has been shown to work wonders in helping cigarette smokers curb their addictive habits, and even to help cut off their tobacco intake 100% cold turkey.
In a 2013 report published in Addictive Behaviors, for example, researchers isolated 24 tobacco smokers for a week and randomly gave them either a placebo or a CBD “puffer” treatment, with the instructions to take a puff every time they had a craving for a cigarette.
The results? Over the course of the week, the placebo “puffer” didn’t show to have any effect on the number of cigarettes consumed, while the CBD treatment actually reduced the total number of cigarettes smoked by 40%!
Moreover, it is also known that CBD has similar properties in helping to curb other addictions as well, including addiction to opiates, painkillers, other hard drugs, and alcohol. If you’re trying to kick a smoking habit of your own, definitely give non-psychoactive CBD oil a try, as like I just mentioned, the clinical studies don’t lie.
2. Works Wonders as an Acne Treatment
I actually did an article not too long ago to try and answer the question of ‘does weed cause acne.’ Short of reiterating the entire piece, it was basically inconclusive in determining whether or not the actual act of smoking promotes acne. Basically, though, it seems like it’s not the marijuana itself that inherently promotes breakouts, but rather other “byproducts” of smoking — such as eating loads of oily junk food when you have the munchies!
In any regard, what does seem to be pretty clear is the fact that CBD (particularly high-quality topical CBD creams) does a pretty darn good as an actual acne-treatment medication. In one 2014 study, for example (published by none other than the National Institute of Health), it was shown that cannabis-derived CBD acted as an effect “sebostatic,” which essentially means that it inhibits sebaceous lipid synthesis – the underlying cause of acne (and other skin) breakouts.
Application of even a dime-sized amount of quality CBD cream can prove to work wonders in clearing up inflamed, irritated, and acne-damaged skin.
3. Tastes Great in Tea… and Coffee!
This one’s actually probably not too much of a “secret,” given the fact that it’s been known for quite some time that CBD can be made into a wicked-good tea or coffee. Basically, all you do is steep the raw hemp leaves (and/or stems and seeds) in hot water – just like you would any other tea. The active CBD cannabinoids come out in solution, and can do wonders in terms of promoting daily and long-term health, even if you don’t suffer from a current medical condition.
Of course, given that hemp leaves are generally much less CBD-rich than the flowers, even a high-strength CBD tea would probably not have the same effect on something like chronic pain that say, a high-potency CBD oil would have.
However, CBD taken in the form of a daily tea may serve to have incredibly far-reaching disease prevention components, including reducing the likelihood of developing diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Sounds good to us — and yummy!
4. Can Be Used as an Ultra-Healthy All-Purpose Cooking Oil
So this one is definitely one of my favorite “non-medical” CBD uses! Instead of using vegetable-based oils that are actually high in linoleic acid, why not replace your go-to cooking oil with a mild CBD-based oil? It doesn’t have the ultra-bitter taste of some pure CBD medicinal hemp oils, and the best part is (like I talked about above with the CBD teas and coffees), it can be a great way to incorporate an extra element of vitamins and supplements into your daily diet!
Oh and also, homemade cannabis oils are incredibly easy to make!
5. Can Be Made Into an Energy Drink!
Alright so admittedly this one might be a little bit far-fetched, but taking into consideration the known energy-producing and focus-enhancing components of CBD, there certainly is no reason why you couldn’t throw together a liquid CBD concoction that would act as a great (and healthy) afternoon pick-me-up!
CBD is known to engage in energy-promoting pathways that are different from that of caffeine (which of course produces the infamous “caffeine crash”), so maybe – just maybe – a CBD “energy drink” would provide the PERFECT type of long-lasting energy supply!
Honorable Mention: CBD for Mad Cow Disease!?
Well, I couldn’t leave this one out. Even though I haven’t heard anything about Mad Cow Disease for years and years, apparently CBD oil works to halt a class of protein molecules called prions, which are known to cause the neurodegenerative aspects of the disease.
In fact, in one study carried out on mice in a controlled setting, the administration of CBD to animals infected with Mad Cow was observed to prolong life by about a week when compared to the mice who had not been treated with CBD.
Bet you’d ever heard of that one, huh?
Final Thoughts: 5 Unique Uses for CBD Oil
Well, hopefully this article provided a bit of fun, informative, and useful tips on how you can use CBD in other ways than its known medicinal uses! CBD truly is a miraculous, all-natural cannabis compound, and I will surely be discovering many additional uses for it as the years go by and quality research on it continues to improve.
- How is CBD Oil Made? [The Complete Beginner’s Guide]
- Avoid These 3 Dangers When Shopping for CBD Oil Online
- What are CBD Dabs? [All You Need to Know]
- Is CBD Safe for Kids? [Understanding the Facts…]
- CBD Oil vs. CBD Edibles [All You Need to Know]
- CBD Water: Is This Going to Be the Next Big Thing?
- Can You Cook with CBD Oil? [Advice from a Cannabis Pro…]
- What is the Entourage Effect… And What Does it Have to Do with CBD Oil?
- CBD Oil for Weight Loss and Obesity
- Why are so many MMA and UFC fighters starting to use CBD Oil?
- 10 Top Studies on CBD for 2018 [Exploring the Science]
- What is CO2 Extraction for CBD Oil? [Understanding the Basics…]
- Is Vaping CBD Oil Safe? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe? Here’s What the Global Expert Committee on Drug Dependence Says…
- CBD for Spinal Cord Injury: Can it Regenerate Damaged Nerves?
- What are Terpenes in CBD Oil?
- Why are CBD Third-Party Lab Reports So Important?
- What’s the Difference Between CBD Oil and CBD Tincture?
- 5 CBD Oil Myths That Need To Be Cleared Up
- CBD for Cystic Fibrosis [Exploring the Science]
- Full-Spectrum CBD Oil vs. CBD Isolate: What’s the Difference?
- 5 Tips for Buying CBD Oil Online
- Can CBD Oil Help People with ALS?
- CBD Oil for Anorexia [Why it Can Work]
- CBD Oil for Glaucoma [Does it REALLY Work?]
- CBD Oil for Anti-Ageing – Truth or Myth?
- CBD Oil for Dogs (and Other Pets)
- Can CBD be helpful treatment for cerebral palsy?
- CBD Oil for Eczema [Is it Real or a Myth?]
- CBD Oil for Addiction Recovery (Alcohol, Tobacco, Pain Meds, etc…)
- Can CBD Help with Muscle Spasms?
- CBD Oil for ADHD [Exploring the Science]
- Is CBD Oil a Helpful Treatment for Diabetes?
- CBD Oil for Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- CBD for Epilepsy and Seizures [Exploring the Science]
- The Endocannabinoid System [Explained]
- CBD Oil for Osteoporosis [What Science Says]
- CBD Oil for Sciatica [Understand How and if it Works]
- CBD Oil for PTSD [Exploring How it Works]
- CBD for Social Anxiety [Explore How it Works]
- Does CBD Oil Work as Treatment for Crohn’s Disease? [Explored]
- What is the difference between CBD and THC? [Explained]
- CBD For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- CBD Oil for Mood Disorder
- CBD Oil for Chronic Fatigue [It Can Help]
- CBD Oil for Psoriasis
- CBD Oil for Back Pain [Here’s How it Works]
- CBD Oil as Treatment for Inflammation
- CBD for Multiple Sclerosis [How it Works]
- CBD Oil for Stress [It Works]
- Diamond CBD Review: How Do They Stack Up?
- CBD Oil for Nerve Degeneration [It Works]
- “I Bought CBD for my Dog and This is What Happened…[Testimonial]”
- HempBombs CBD Oil Review [Personal Experience]
- Kat Naturals [Full Review + Coupon Code]
- CBD Oil Dosage [What’s Best for You]
- Medterra CBD Oil (Full Review)
- CBD Oil for Increased Appetite
- CBD Oil Not Working For Me (Here’s Why…)
- CBD oil for nausea [Understand How it Works]
- I Bet You Had No Idea CBD Could Do These 5 Things
- CBD For Sleep Apnea
- CBD For Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- CBD’s Effects on Cholesterol Levels
- CBD for General Health [Does it Work?]
- CBD for Boosting Your Immune System Against Winter’s Viruses
- CBD Gummies [Do They REALLY Work]
- CBD Oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis [Understanding Endocannabinoids]
- How Does CBD Oil Interact with Other Medications [Guide]
- Review of Lazarus Naturals
- CBD Brothers Oil [ Complete Review ]
- How Long Does CBD Take to Work?
- How CBD Helped Me with Anxiety [Personal Story]
- CBDistillery CBD Oil [Review + Coupon]
- CBD For Migraines [The Ultimate Relief Pill]
- Is CBD Effective For Depression? [Exploring What Works]
- CBD For Rheumatoid Arthritis [Exploring Which Oils REALLY Work]
- CBD for Insomnia [Explore Which Oils Work]
- NuLeaf Naturals (The Complete Review)
- KOI CBD (The Complete Review)
- CBD Pure Review [TESTED]
- Charlottes Web Hemp CBD Review
- CBD FAQ: All the ANSWERS in One Place
- CBD for Pain [Exploring Which Oils Really Work]
- CBD for Anxiety [Discover How it REALLY works]
- Green Roads CBD Review
- Elixinol CBD Review + 10% Discount Code
- CBD Essence Review + 5% Discount Code
- Review of PureKana + 5% Discount Code