This question is the very definition of ‘how long is a piece of string?’ In simple terms, it is impossible to determine how long it will take CBD to work for you, the reader because there are so many things to consider. First and foremost, you have to determine the strength of the CBD. Then there is the small matter of how you consume the CBD and why you are taking this outstanding medicinal application in the first place.
What we will do in this article is give you a general outline of how long it may take for CBD to work depending on the method of consumption. We will also discuss how you may feel when the effects start to take hold.
What Are The Different Ways to Consume CBD?
This is a fancy term for the practice of consuming CBD oil and holding it beneath your tongue before swallowing. Sublingual consumption is the second fastest method of finding relief and is arguably the most popular. You can consume CBD oil in drop form or via sprays. You should feel the effects within 20-30 minutes, and they last for 4-6 hours on average.
This is the fastest acting CBD consumption method as you’ll feel a positive impact within a few minutes. As is the case with sublingual consumption, vaping allows the active ingredients to reach the bloodstream directly. You will need to purchase a vape kit and CBD oil to take advantage of this form of CBD consumption. The effects last for a couple of hours.
Edibles & Capsules
While you can create your own edibles, there are various readymade forms including gummy bears and mints. It is important to remember that edibles and capsules work best on an empty stomach. If you’ve eaten just before consuming the CBD, the absorption process is slowed.
Also, edibles work faster if you have a healthy digestive system and fast metabolism. If you meet the right criteria, edibles could work in as little as 20 minutes. Otherwise, expect them to take an hour. Capsules also take around an hour to work. Both methods should provide you with at least four hours worth of relief.
These come in the form of balms and creams, and you are supposed to rub them on the skin. They work well when treating chronic pain if you rub the topical on the affected area. As well as helping with pain, topical CBD applications can protect your skin from the free radical damage that results in signs of aging such as wrinkles. CBD cream or balm is also effective against skin conditions such as acne or eczema.
Topical applications are the slowest to work and normally take over an hour. However, you should experience five or more hours of relief.
How Much CBD Do I Need?
Again, there is no simple, all-encompassing answer to this question. As well as considering the symptoms you’re looking to treat, it’s important to remember that everyone’s body will react differently. The recommended dosage you read on a CBD product’s label is nothing more than a guideline and companies tend to err on the side of caution. As a result, you should begin with a low dose, analyze the effects, and work your way up or down as necessary. CBD products are expensive so don’t take more than is necessary!
In truth, the majority of people require less than the recommended dosage, and when you use CBD regularly, you tend to need less of it over time. Of course, there is the matter of symptoms. Someone using CBD for anxiety will need less than an individual using it for chronic pain for example.
We recommend using as little as 2-3mg per dose, to begin with. Monitor your symptoms and up the dose until the stage where your symptoms have disappeared. This could be when you take 50mg a day or 500mg; there is no sure way to know until you test the theory.
At the time of writing, there has yet to be a fatality from a CBD overdose, but this doesn’t mean you can go wild and take as much as possible. Research suggests that you could safely consume up to 1,000mg of CBD a day; but since it typically costs $50+ for 1,000mg of CBD, you would need deep pockets!
There is also a possibility that the CBD will make you feel sedated so don’t take it before driving or working if it has this kind of effect on you. There is no need to consume more than one dose every few hours.
How Do I Know When The CBD Is Working?
Guess what? This is another question that is difficult to answer! If you’ve never taken CBD before, you’ll have no idea what to expect. Since there is no ‘high,’ you may not realize when the dosage is effective. It tends to provide a subtle feeling. If you take CBD for pain, you may eventually realize that the pain has gone, but it might take time for you to understand what has happened.
Likewise, if you take CBD for anxiety, it is hard to pinpoint the exact moment when you went from anxious to calm. All you know is that you now feel ‘better.’ Unless you have severe symptoms, you may even feel disappointed at the lack of ‘sea change’ in how you feel.
Final Thoughts & Where to Find High-Quality CBD Products
CBD is a natural way to alleviate the symptoms of a variety of conditions including anxiety, depression, chronic pain, PTSD, Alzheimer’s and many more. It is legal in most U.S. states because unlike THC; it doesn’t provide you with a psychoactive high.
We pride ourselves on informing our readers about the best CBD suppliers in the industry. We recommend choosing reputable firms with an established reputation that invest in independent third-party testing, use supercritical CO2 extraction and take their CBD from premium quality industrial hemp. Our reviews are independent and unbiased, so readers know the real story about CBD suppliers.
If you want to know who ranked the #1 CBD for 2018, continue to the section on our site where we compare CBD oil brands.
- How is CBD Oil Made? [The Complete Beginner’s Guide]
- Avoid These 3 Dangers When Shopping for CBD Oil Online
- What are CBD Dabs? [All You Need to Know]
- Is CBD Safe for Kids? [Understanding the Facts…]
- CBD Oil vs. CBD Edibles [All You Need to Know]
- CBD Water: Is This Going to Be the Next Big Thing?
- Can You Cook with CBD Oil? [Advice from a Cannabis Pro…]
- What is the Entourage Effect… And What Does it Have to Do with CBD Oil?
- CBD Oil for Weight Loss and Obesity
- Why are so many MMA and UFC fighters starting to use CBD Oil?
- 10 Top Studies on CBD for 2018 [Exploring the Science]
- What is CO2 Extraction for CBD Oil? [Understanding the Basics…]
- Is Vaping CBD Oil Safe? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe? Here’s What the Global Expert Committee on Drug Dependence Says…
- CBD for Spinal Cord Injury: Can it Regenerate Damaged Nerves?
- What are Terpenes in CBD Oil?
- Why are CBD Third-Party Lab Reports So Important?
- What’s the Difference Between CBD Oil and CBD Tincture?
- 5 CBD Oil Myths That Need To Be Cleared Up
- CBD for Cystic Fibrosis [Exploring the Science]
- Full-Spectrum CBD Oil vs. CBD Isolate: What’s the Difference?
- 5 Tips for Buying CBD Oil Online
- Can CBD Oil Help People with ALS?
- CBD Oil for Anorexia [Why it Can Work]
- CBD Oil for Glaucoma [Does it REALLY Work?]
- CBD Oil for Anti-Ageing – Truth or Myth?
- CBD Oil for Dogs (and Other Pets)
- Can CBD be helpful treatment for cerebral palsy?
- CBD Oil for Eczema [Is it Real or a Myth?]
- CBD Oil for Addiction Recovery (Alcohol, Tobacco, Pain Meds, etc…)
- Can CBD Help with Muscle Spasms?
- CBD Oil for ADHD [Exploring the Science]
- Is CBD Oil a Helpful Treatment for Diabetes?
- CBD Oil for Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- CBD for Epilepsy and Seizures [Exploring the Science]
- The Endocannabinoid System [Explained]
- CBD Oil for Osteoporosis [What Science Says]
- CBD Oil for Sciatica [Understand How and if it Works]
- CBD Oil for PTSD [Exploring How it Works]
- CBD for Social Anxiety [Explore How it Works]
- Does CBD Oil Work as Treatment for Crohn’s Disease? [Explored]
- What is the difference between CBD and THC? [Explained]
- CBD For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- CBD Oil for Mood Disorder
- CBD Oil for Chronic Fatigue [It Can Help]
- CBD Oil for Psoriasis
- CBD Oil for Back Pain [Here’s How it Works]
- CBD Oil as Treatment for Inflammation
- CBD for Multiple Sclerosis [How it Works]
- CBD Oil for Stress [It Works]
- Diamond CBD Review: How Do They Stack Up?
- CBD Oil for Nerve Degeneration [It Works]
- “I Bought CBD for my Dog and This is What Happened…[Testimonial]”
- HempBombs CBD Oil Review [Personal Experience]
- Kat Naturals [Full Review + Coupon Code]
- CBD Oil Dosage [What’s Best for You]
- Medterra CBD Oil (Full Review)
- CBD Oil for Increased Appetite
- CBD Oil Not Working For Me (Here’s Why…)
- CBD oil for nausea [Understand How it Works]
- I Bet You Had No Idea CBD Could Do These 5 Things
- CBD For Sleep Apnea
- CBD For Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- CBD’s Effects on Cholesterol Levels
- CBD for General Health [Does it Work?]
- CBD for Boosting Your Immune System Against Winter’s Viruses
- CBD Gummies [Do They REALLY Work]
- CBD Oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis [Understanding Endocannabinoids]
- How Does CBD Oil Interact with Other Medications [Guide]
- Review of Lazarus Naturals
- CBD Brothers Oil [ Complete Review ]
- How Long Does CBD Take to Work?
- How CBD Helped Me with Anxiety [Personal Story]
- CBDistillery CBD Oil [Review + Coupon]
- CBD For Migraines [The Ultimate Relief Pill]
- Is CBD Effective For Depression? [Exploring What Works]
- CBD For Rheumatoid Arthritis [Exploring Which Oils REALLY Work]
- CBD for Insomnia [Explore Which Oils Work]
- NuLeaf Naturals (The Complete Review)
- KOI CBD (The Complete Review)
- CBD Pure Review [TESTED]
- Charlottes Web Hemp CBD Review
- CBD FAQ: All the ANSWERS in One Place
- CBD for Pain [Exploring Which Oils Really Work]
- CBD for Anxiety [Discover How it REALLY works]
- Green Roads CBD Review
- Elixinol CBD Review + 10% Discount Code
- CBD Essence Review + 5% Discount Code
- Review of PureKana + 5% Discount Code