CBD For Fibromyalgia Syndrome
Better known as FMS, fibromyalgia syndrome affects anywhere from 3-6% of the world’s population. A estimated 3-10 million people in the United States live with FMS, and it is believed that CBD is one of the most effective fibromyalgia treatments available. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, it doesn’t have negative side effects, nor will you get ‘high’ after using it.
FMS is a condition that causes pain all over the body. Side effects include fatigue, emotional and mental distress, and insomnia. Other possible symptoms include regular migraines, numbness or tingling in the hands and feet, pain in the jaw or face, and digestive problems such as constipation, abdominal pain, and irritable bowel syndrome.
What Are the Traditional Forms of Treatment & What Happens If FMS Is Left Untreated?
Although you are more likely to get fibromyalgia as you get older, it is possible for children to suffer from the condition. Other risk factors include:
- Gender – Anywhere from 75-90% of FMS sufferers are female.
- Family history.
- Illnesses such as viral infections.
- Traumatic events.
- Repetitive injuries.
Common treatments include OTC and prescription medications, stress management techniques such as yoga, better sleep habits, aerobic exercises, patient education classes, and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
If left untreated, FMS can lead to the following:
- An increased likelihood of hospitalization.
- Higher death rate from injury or suicide.
- Increased risk of depression.
- Decreased quality of life; people living with FMS may have up to 67% less ‘mental health’ and a 40% reduction in physical function.
- Increased risk of other rheumatic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Although utilizing CBT and increasing your rate of exercise are good options, pharmaceutical drugs are short-term fixes that could lead to a variety of side effects. Even the supposed positive impact of these drugs is overrated. CBD offers a more natural approach with no need to worry about negative side effects.
Is CBD The Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
One of the big advantages that CBD has over marijuana is its legality. As long as it comes from industrial hemp, CBD is legal for medicinal purposes in 46 states at the time of writing. It is classified as a dietary supplement akin to herbal remedies such as Valerian Root. An increasing number of patients are beginning to prefer CBD to pharmaceutical drugs because of the lack of side effects.
As you probably know, CBD is a non-intoxicating compound of marijuana, and it acts against THC-targeted receptors to reduce negative side effects, such as paranoia, associated with THC. Research suggests that CBD activates our body’s serotonin receptors which means it plays a big role in pain perception. It also helps to reduce inflammation while maintaining the body’s temperature. Moreover, it breaks down a chemical in the brain which impacts mental function and mood.
At present, there is no cure for FMS. It is a chronic pain disorder that causes crippling musculoskeletal pain along with fatigue and problems with cognition. CBD is capable of reducing chronic pain to the point where you no longer notice it. CBD can potentially improve anxiety and endurance, and it can even help you get a good night’s sleep. The combination of greater energy and reduced pain naturally leads to a significant improvement in a person’s physical and mental wellbeing.
What Does Research Say About CBD & Fibromyalgia?
The problem with researching any compound related to marijuana in the United States is the lack of double-blind clinical studies. As marijuana is classified as a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substance Act 1970, it is extremely tough for scientists to find samples. As CBD comes from industrial hemp and is mainly legal, it is getting easier. However, there is a still a dearth of scientific research into the effects of CBD on fibromyalgia.
A 2011 study by Fiz et al. looked at cannabis usage in patients with fibromyalgia. The study included 56 people; 28 who used marijuana and 28 who didn’t. After just two hours of cannabis use, those who consumed weed showed “a statistically significant reduction of pain and stiffness, enhancement of relaxation, and an increase in somnolence and feeling of well-being.”
The anecdotal evidence of CBD’s efficacy as a treatment for fibromyalgia, on the other hand, is overwhelming. It has literally been a life-changing treatment for tens of thousands of people, many of whom have taken to social media to proclaim CBD as a ‘miracle cure.’ While we wouldn’t go that far, it is clear that CBD is vastly superior to FMS medication such as Savella, Cymbalta, and Lyrica.
Testimonials from happy CBD users follow a similar pattern. They had been on several Big Pharma products that did little but ‘manage’ the pain in a fairly ineffective manner. Within a couple of weeks, these patients experienced a dramatic reduction in pain; to the point where they were able to wean themselves off medication. Other positive side effects include weight loss in obese individuals, elimination of migraines, and a marked improvement in energy levels.
Final Thoughts on CBD and Fibromyalgia
If you are living with fibromyalgia and are fed up with spending a small fortune on prescription medications that don’t work, try CBD and be amazed at the difference in a short period. As well as being more effective, CBD is also far cheaper. According to drugs.com, 30 x 25mg capsules of Lyrica cost $426. In contrast, taking 25mg of CBD oil from a reputable company will cost little over $100 a month.
We pride ourselves on providing readers with up to date information on CBD, and we also help you find the best brands. Don’t waste your money on low-grade CBD oil as it will not work. If you have fibromyalgia, choose a full-spectrum CBD oil as it includes other cannabinoids and terpenes which are believed to make the oil more effective. When you buy a high-quality CBD oil, you will notice the difference quickly, be astounded at the reduction in pain, and toss away your harmful and useless medication.
http://www.fibromyalgiasyndrome.co.uk/how-many-people-have-fms.html http://www.fmaware.org/about-fibromyalgia/prevalence/ https://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/basics/fibromyalgia.htm https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-for-fibromyalgia#side-effects https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3080871/ https://www.drugs.com/price-guide/lyrica http://www.fibromyalgiatreating.com/cbd-oil-fibromyalgia-treatment/
- Can CBD be helpful treatment for cerebral palsy?
- CBD Oil for Eczema [Is it Real or a Myth?]
- CBD Oil for Addiction Recovery (Alcohol, Tobacco, Pain Meds, etc…)
- Can CBD Help with Muscle Spasms?
- CBD Oil for ADHD [Exploring the Science]
- Is CBD Oil a Helpful Treatment for Diabetes?
- CBD Oil for Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- CBD for Epilepsy and Seizures [Exploring the Science]
- The Endocannabinoid System [Explained]
- CBD Oil for Osteoporosis [What Science Says]
- CBD Oil for Sciatica [Understand How and if it Works]
- CBD Oil for PTSD [Exploring How it Works]
- CBD for Social Anxiety [Explore How it Works]
- Does CBD Oil Work as Treatment for Crohn’s Disease? [Explored]
- What is the difference between CBD and THC? [Explained]
- CBD For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- CBD Oil for Mood Disorder
- CBD Oil for Chronic Fatigue [It Can Help]
- CBD Oil for Psoriasis
- CBD Oil for Back Pain [Here’s How it Works]
- CBD Oil as Treatment for Inflammation
- CBD for Multiple Sclerosis [How it Works]
- CBD Oil for Stress [It Works]
- Diamond CBD Review: How Do They Stack Up?
- CBD Oil for Nerve Degeneration [It Works]
- “I Bought CBD for my Dog and This is What Happened…[Testimonial]”
- HempBombs CBD Oil Review [Personal Experience]
- Kat Naturals [Full Review + Coupon Code]
- CBD Oil Dosage [What’s Best for You]
- Medterra CBD Oil (Full Review)
- CBD Oil for Increased Appetite
- CBD Oil Not Working For Me (Here’s Why…)
- CBD oil for nausea [Understand How it Works]
- I Bet You Had No Idea CBD Could Do These 5 Things
- CBD For Sleep Apnea
- CBD For Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- CBD’s Effects on Cholesterol Levels
- CBD for General Health [Does it Work?]
- CBD for Boosting Your Immune System Against Winter’s Viruses
- CBD Gummies [Do They REALLY Work]
- CBD Oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis [Understanding Endocannabinoids]
- How Does CBD Oil Interact with Other Medications [Guide]
- Review of Lazarus Naturals
- CBD Brothers Oil [ Complete Review ]
- How Long Does CBD Take to Work?
- How CBD Helped Me with Anxiety [Personal Story]
- CBDistillery CBD Oil [Review + Coupon]
- CBD For Migraines [The Ultimate Relief Pill]
- Is CBD Effective For Depression? [Exploring What Works]
- CBD For Rheumatoid Arthritis [Exploring Which Oils REALLY Work]
- CBD for Insomnia [Explore Which Oils Work]
- NuLeaf Naturals (The Complete Review)
- KOI CBD (The Complete Review)
- CBD Pure Review [TESTED]
- Charlottes Web Hemp CBD Review
- CBD FAQ: All the ANSWERS in One Place
- CBD for Pain [Exploring Which Oils Really Work]
- CBD for Anxiety [Discover How it REALLY works]
- Green Roads CBD Review
- Elixinol CBD Review + 10% Discount Code
- CBD Essence Review + 5% Discount Code
- Review of PureKana + 5% Discount Code