In 2018 it seems like the whole world is talking about CBD, in particular across the U.S. where we have seen state after state change their laws to accommodate for the all-natural compound.
For many who rely on CBD oil for their health, purchasing it online can be their only way of getting access, especially if their state is less liberal! With the demand has come a range of risks that have led to numerous investigations into the efficacy of CBD oil online and begged the question: Are you getting what you pay for?
In this article, we are going to look at the three significant dangers to avoid when shopping for your CBD oil online, and how to spot the legit sellers from the backstreet providers!
What You Need to Know About CBD Oil
With the popularity of CBD being consistently on the rise, there has been an increase in people buying the compound without any real knowledge about what CBD is! For those people who aren’t in the know, it can be much easier to purchase dangerous and mislabelled CBD, so we want to kick things off with a little breakdown of what CBD oil is, and what it can be used for.
What is CBD Oil and is It Going to Get You High?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is the non-psychoactive compound found within the marijuana plant, so no, it won’t get you high. However, it is important to note that not all CBD oil products purchased online may possess the proper amounts of THC stated, so read ahead to prevent falling into this trap! When purchasing a CBD oil it is important to make sure that THC levels are below 0.3%.
How Can CBD Oil Benefit You?
CBD oil has been heavily researched, particularly over the past ten years or so, and the results have been pretty amazing. CBD has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties as well as being a patented neuroprotectant and showing potential to help with conditions such as anxiety, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and depression, amongst many others.
CBD is particularly famous for its ability provides relief to many issues without any significant side effects and no potential to overdose. These factors, combined with the fact that it won’t get you high, make it an incredibly versatile product and one that is used by children and the elderly alike!
Is CBD Oil Legal in the U.S.?
Many online resources claim that CBD is legal in all 50 states. However, this is not quite the case! State laws around both CBD and hemp vary widely, and it is imperative that you check the laws of the state you reside in.
As a general rule of thumb, CBD oil derived from hemp, which contains less than 0.3% THC, is unlikely to see you garnering fines or jail time, but it is still extremely important to check state laws.
Can You Legally Purchase CBD Oil Online?
If you live in a state that has old-school laws around cannabis and CBD, you can still get access to CBD oil by purchasing it online. If the CBD oil you are buying is from industrial hemp, then it is legal to buy, as the THC levels are too low to cause any psychoactive effects.
#1 CBD Oil is NOT a “Cure All” Miracle Medicine!
It is true that there have been some incredible studies done over the years into the potential of CBD and how it can provide significant benefits to patients suffering from a range of conditions. With such an emphasis being placed on the compound as something that can treat so many different symptoms without the high associated with weed, we have seen this result in broad claims being splattered across easily accessible platforms.
The first thing to know is that CBD cannot CURE any condition! If you have ever shopped online for CBD oil, then you will be familiar with such claims as, ‘Our CBD oil can reverse your cancer,’ ‘Get rid of your anxiety with our CBD oil’ and ‘Get rid of that back pain for good with our CBD oil.’ Statements such as these, amongst hundreds of others, have become more and more prevalent across the industry, and are one of the most dangerous aspects of online selling.
While CBD can help relieve many symptoms, and in many cases has done so with extreme efficacy, there is no evidence that CBD can treat cancer, let alone cure it. For those vulnerable patients who are seeking relief, claims such as these can be incredibly damaging.
These false claims have become so problematic in fact that the FDA had to issue an official warning against companies that made false claims about the efficacy and medicinal benefits of their CBD products.
If they make any bold statements, steer clear! Any genuine and ethical company WILL NOT make any claims about the benefits of their products.
#2 Always Do Your Research: Is Your CBD Oil What it Says on the Tin?
Those selling CBD oil online have to tread on a thin line, especially with current legalities. Therefore it is all too easy for CBD oil products to be sold under false pretenses, which for those who use it for medicinal reasons can be incredibly risky.
JAMA did a study into cannabis products sold online revealed that a shocking 70% of the products sold online contained either more or less than the specified amount of concentrated drug that was advertised. The same study revealed that a significant amount of CBD products also contained high amounts of THC, much higher than the 0.3%!
This study has been widely referenced since, and as such we have luckily seen much more awareness around untrustworthy online sellers. However, for those who are less in the know, buying an affordable CBD oil that looks legitimate and can be delivered within a few days is often enough to fall into this trap.
Luckily, there are some simple steps you can take to avoid becoming victim to this type or seller; the first one is to see if the product ingredients are listed on the label. If there are no ingredients listed on the label, then avoid this from the off! A genuine company will provide as much background information as possible, and the ingredients, as well as the amount of CBD per serving, should always be displayed on the bottle.
Secondly, does it advertise as hemp extract or simply just hemp? These types of product could contain little to no actual CBD in them, so always ensure that the full list of product ingredients are there, along with how much per serving!
Here are some questions you should be asking your online seller BEFORE making any purchase:
- Where do they source their CBD?
- Is their CBD local or organic?
- Is it a full-spectrum product?
Accurate CBD dosage is vital with CBD oil when used for medicinal purposes, and with more patients than ever relying on the cannabinoid as their primary source of relief, it is imperative that CBD oil products are what they say they are!
#3 Does Your CBD Oil Contain MORE Than Just CBD?
An excellent and genuine company will run their rigorous tests on any product put out to consumers, and this goes for CBD oil too! You wouldn’t order online from a mystery take away that had no hygiene information, nor would you buy medicine online without any info on where it came from, so don’t cut corners when it comes to buying CBD oil online!
If you are unsure whether the company you are buying from is reputable, contact them to ask if they are open to third-party testing. If they are, then ask if they would be willing to share the results with you, you should know fairly quickly about whether they are genuine or not!
Poorly sourced CBD could be subject to mold, pesticides or other contaminants, which state-regulated products would not be. By asking to see a third-party testing report, you can see exactly what your product has been tested for and whether it is ultimately safe for your consumption!
Wrapping it Up
For many people, buying CBD oil from a local dispensary is not possible, so online retailers are a blessing to many. However, it is always important to know your stuff before going into the online world of CBD blind.
Never be afraid to ask questions before parting with your money, as we say, any genuine sellers will be happy to share information about their products processes with you!
Want to see who ranked top 5 online CBD oil sellers for 2018, continue here.
- How is CBD Oil Made? [The Complete Beginner’s Guide]
- Avoid These 3 Dangers When Shopping for CBD Oil Online
- What are CBD Dabs? [All You Need to Know]
- Is CBD Safe for Kids? [Understanding the Facts…]
- CBD Oil vs. CBD Edibles [All You Need to Know]
- CBD Water: Is This Going to Be the Next Big Thing?
- Can You Cook with CBD Oil? [Advice from a Cannabis Pro…]
- What is the Entourage Effect… And What Does it Have to Do with CBD Oil?
- CBD Oil for Weight Loss and Obesity
- Why are so many MMA and UFC fighters starting to use CBD Oil?
- 10 Top Studies on CBD for 2018 [Exploring the Science]
- What is CO2 Extraction for CBD Oil? [Understanding the Basics…]
- Is Vaping CBD Oil Safe? [Understanding the FACTS]
- Is CBD Safe? Here’s What the Global Expert Committee on Drug Dependence Says…
- CBD for Spinal Cord Injury: Can it Regenerate Damaged Nerves?
- What are Terpenes in CBD Oil?
- Why are CBD Third-Party Lab Reports So Important?
- What’s the Difference Between CBD Oil and CBD Tincture?
- 5 CBD Oil Myths That Need To Be Cleared Up
- CBD for Cystic Fibrosis [Exploring the Science]
- Full-Spectrum CBD Oil vs. CBD Isolate: What’s the Difference?
- 5 Tips for Buying CBD Oil Online
- Can CBD Oil Help People with ALS?
- CBD Oil for Anorexia [Why it Can Work]
- CBD Oil for Glaucoma [Does it REALLY Work?]
- CBD Oil for Anti-Ageing – Truth or Myth?
- CBD Oil for Dogs (and Other Pets)
- Can CBD be helpful treatment for cerebral palsy?
- CBD Oil for Eczema [Is it Real or a Myth?]
- CBD Oil for Addiction Recovery (Alcohol, Tobacco, Pain Meds, etc…)
- Can CBD Help with Muscle Spasms?
- CBD Oil for ADHD [Exploring the Science]
- Is CBD Oil a Helpful Treatment for Diabetes?
- CBD Oil for Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- CBD for Epilepsy and Seizures [Exploring the Science]
- The Endocannabinoid System [Explained]
- CBD Oil for Osteoporosis [What Science Says]
- CBD Oil for Sciatica [Understand How and if it Works]
- CBD Oil for PTSD [Exploring How it Works]
- CBD for Social Anxiety [Explore How it Works]
- Does CBD Oil Work as Treatment for Crohn’s Disease? [Explored]
- What is the difference between CBD and THC? [Explained]
- CBD For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- CBD Oil for Mood Disorder
- CBD Oil for Chronic Fatigue [It Can Help]
- CBD Oil for Psoriasis
- CBD Oil for Back Pain [Here’s How it Works]
- CBD Oil as Treatment for Inflammation
- CBD for Multiple Sclerosis [How it Works]
- CBD Oil for Stress [It Works]
- Diamond CBD Review: How Do They Stack Up?
- CBD Oil for Nerve Degeneration [It Works]
- “I Bought CBD for my Dog and This is What Happened…[Testimonial]”
- HempBombs CBD Oil Review [Personal Experience]
- Kat Naturals [Full Review + Coupon Code]
- CBD Oil Dosage [What’s Best for You]
- Medterra CBD Oil (Full Review)
- CBD Oil for Increased Appetite
- CBD Oil Not Working For Me (Here’s Why…)
- CBD oil for nausea [Understand How it Works]
- I Bet You Had No Idea CBD Could Do These 5 Things
- CBD For Sleep Apnea
- CBD For Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- CBD’s Effects on Cholesterol Levels
- CBD for General Health [Does it Work?]
- CBD for Boosting Your Immune System Against Winter’s Viruses
- CBD Gummies [Do They REALLY Work]
- CBD Oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis [Understanding Endocannabinoids]
- How Does CBD Oil Interact with Other Medications [Guide]
- Review of Lazarus Naturals
- CBD Brothers Oil [ Complete Review ]
- How Long Does CBD Take to Work?
- How CBD Helped Me with Anxiety [Personal Story]
- CBDistillery CBD Oil [Review + Coupon]
- CBD For Migraines [The Ultimate Relief Pill]
- Is CBD Effective For Depression? [Exploring What Works]
- CBD For Rheumatoid Arthritis [Exploring Which Oils REALLY Work]
- CBD for Insomnia [Explore Which Oils Work]
- NuLeaf Naturals (The Complete Review)
- KOI CBD (The Complete Review)
- CBD Pure Review [TESTED]
- Charlottes Web Hemp CBD Review
- CBD FAQ: All the ANSWERS in One Place
- CBD for Pain [Exploring Which Oils Really Work]
- CBD for Anxiety [Discover How it REALLY works]
- Green Roads CBD Review
- Elixinol CBD Review + 10% Discount Code
- CBD Essence Review + 5% Discount Code
- Review of PureKana + 5% Discount Code